Sunday, August 25, 2013

What. . .we're homeschooling?!?!?

Homeschooling was not my plan.  Certainly not the first thing I wanted to do.  Bryce was a part of two different Montessori schools over the past three years and we loved it.  I LOVE Montessori, the entire philosophy and the wonderful teachers we have had. 

But then the Air Force moved us to Las Vegas.  To Nevada. 

We found one Montessori school in Las Vegas that was comparable to our previous schools.  But Foothills Montessori is in the southeast part of town.  We had to live in the north part of Vegas.  A 45 minute commute to school in Vegas traffic was not going to work for our family. 

So we considered and visited the public school.  The elementary school is very close to our house.  Remember that we moved to Las Vegas, Nevada?  The state with the worst school systems in the country.  The city with the worst school systems in the country. 

Enough said. 

Then I looked for private schools.  And looked and looked.  The high quality ones that I liked were $30K a year. 

Enough said. 

We're homeschooling because I feel like it's the best, if not only choice, right now.  I'm broken hearted for Bryce to not attend a Montessori school.  But my heart might break in two if I sent him to the public school.  It may not be the ideal situation but homeschooling is the road we are on for now. 







1 comment:

  1. Will look forward to reading about your journey. Great idea about the blog to chronicle it all. Keep at it, Lisa! :)

    ReplyDelete