Thursday, September 5, 2013

Friends, Friends!

One of the things I most worried about was making friends while homeschooling.  Friends for Bryce and friends for me.  Especially being an only child, I really want to make sure that Bryce is getting enough socialization and "recess" time where he gets plenty of free play without mom hovering over him. 

Already, in our first week, I think this is something I don't need to worry about. 

In between classes at the RISE center, Bryce has found a group of 4-5 boys that are about his age.  Bryce introduced himself and the boys accepted him to their group.  The boys run and laugh and play.  It's his "recess" time.  Many of the same boys are in his boy scouts and will be at the Connections Co-op that starts on Monday. 

For me, I thought I would get "work" done during Bryce's classes.  But I'm too busy talking to the other moms:)  Many of the same moms that I have already met at last week's events. 

Also, last night we babysat for another homeschool family.  Bryce loved having friends over:)

Oh, there are more homeschool park days then I can keep up with.  I think we're going to have plenty of social opportunities! 

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome , Lisa. You are definitely so great at getting out, talking and meeting with new people! You guys are so good at that and because of this are probably the perfect candidate for homeschooling( I'm assuming that many of the fears of those who are against homeschooling are because of the concern of not getting enough socialization) Not you all!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! Yes, I don't think socializing is going to be a problem at all!

    ReplyDelete