Monday, September 9, 2013

Sonlight Exchange

After the first week of using Sonlight, I decided that Core A didn't fit well for Bryce.  Core A's goal is to give children an overview of ideas, people and places.  It doesn't go into depth on topics and that superficiality is what I didn't like.  One day was dinosaurs, the next was cave men.  After three years of Montessori, Bryce understands his place in the world.  I think he is ready to start studying things in more depth. 

I contacted Sonlight.  They are allowing me to send back Core A and get Core B.  Somehow I owe them another $100 in the exchange but I think studying topics in more depth will be good for Bryce.  Core B covers the start of world history to the fall of Rome. 

I'm still not 100% sold on Sonlight.  They've got some great books to read so hopefully this will be a good switch for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment