Sunday, September 8, 2013

Over Scheduled

I have committed us to too many things.  Just thinking about the week's activities has caused me stress.  Which is crazy?!  I'm homeschooling so we don't have to be stressed.  I'm in control of this schedule.   I get to show up when and where I want. 

So, why don't I change our schedule? 
 
"Slay the guilt monster by saying ”No” more often.  The world will not end if we say no.  While many good opportunities come our way there is only enough space in our lives for the best.  It is okay to say no.  Do not feel guilty.  We don’t have superpowers so we shouldn’t try to live as if we do.  I have learned to say no to many outside activities and seriously consider the time involved before committing to a project."   Busy Home Blog
 
 Oh, it's guilt.  And good opportunities that I'm afraid to let pass.  But I like what is said above:  "only enough space in our lives for the best."   So, I should choose things that are only the BEST and supports our family PRIORITIES. 
  
Now, I just need to decide what in our schedule supports these things.  (Can I also add, "and won't drive mom nuts?")

2 comments:

  1. The rule I try to live by is that if it isn't an automatic "yes" in my heart, then the answer is "no." There are so many awesome opportunities that I can't afford to spend time on anything less than awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, great advice to follow your heart! I signed up for most of these classes in August before I had any idea what I was doing. Great advice to follow your gut!

    ReplyDelete