Thursday, September 12, 2013

Playing Math Games


I love our math curriculum!  Right Start Math is definitely the right fit for Bryce.  We've been playing math games to reinforce Bryce's math facts.  It is so much fun and he asks to play the games! 
 
This is "Go to the Dump" that is based on Go Fish.  Instead of colors, he has to match a number that equals 10.  So, if he has a 4 in his hand, he has to ask for a 6.  If a person doesn't have it, then he "goes to the dump."  Bryce uses the abacus if he doesn't have his math fact memorized yet. 
 
Fun Stuff!
 
 


Here is Bryce signing the RS Math Song, "Yellow is the Sun."

3 comments:

  1. Alison likes math, and I bet she would like this game, where can I find "go to the dump" or do you use regular playing cards?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny,

    That is GREAT that A likes math:)

    If you want to buy all of the math games, here is the link. But it's $60. It does come with all of the games though for RS Math which would last her for years. http://store.rightstartmath.com/mathcardgames-3.aspx

    However, you could easily make the cards with just index cards. You just need multiple cards with 1-9 numbers on them. I can send you a picture of it. Super easy. Then you would need like 10 beads or 10 of something where if she had a 7 in her hand, she could count to 7 and see that she needs to ask for a 3. Does that make sense?

    Here is a YouTube video of it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d8ZvoES5U8

    Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll start by making my own. Sounds easy enough using index cards. Could you email me a picture of it? JenniferEdgerton@gmail.com

    and thanks for the YouTube video, that is great. thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete