Friday, September 27, 2013

Math at the Park

On Wednesday, we had a pretty challenging homeschool day.  Bryce didn't really want to do school work and my patience must have been low.  It was just a bad day:(

On Thursday, I decided we needed a change of pace.  We start most of our days with a bike ride and walk for Brody.  Some days we go to the park near us.  I decided to pack up some of our school work and take it with us to the playground.  After letting Bryce play for a bit, I pulled out the math and we started doing it at the park.  Bryce still got frustrated but instead of loosing my patience, I told him to go play:)  After a game of tag, he came back and finished his math. 

We also had a few errands to run on Thursday and ended up at Whole Foods for lunch.  While eating lunch, we did our language arts.  He even did his spelling words at lunch:)

Needless to say, we don't have to do school work only in his classroom.  I'm starting to learn to take advantage of time we have anywhere. 


No comments:

Post a Comment